Our commitment to people and planet
We believe that business should be a force for good. Whether it’s through developing partnerships that help organisations manage their impact, purchasing goods and services that support environmental and social sustainability, or creating a working culture that prioritises employee wellbeing, we are using our collective power to do good.
Everything at Energise is designed, purchased, and incorporated with people and planet playing at least an equal role alongside profit.
Energise is part of a global community of B Corp businesses, made up of about 5,000 businesses (about 1000 in the UK) dedicated to building a brighter future for our planet and our society.
The certification addresses the entirety of our operations and covers five key areas of impact: Governance, Workers, Community, Environment,and Customers.
Energise has been rigorously tested and is very proud to have scored a solid 105.2 out of 200, compared to 50.9 for a typical business and the minimum of 80 needed to qualify. Find out more on our B Corp profile.
Our science-based target is verified
Energise’s science-based target has been diligently analysed and approved by the Science Based Targets initiative. We are very proud to join more than 1000 companies who are walking the talk on climate science. As a company, we are committed to:
- Reducing emissions in line with what’s required to limit average warming to 1.5°C;
- Reducing our scope 1 and scope 2 emissions 46% by 2030 (from a 2019 baseline year);
- Measuring and reducing our scope 3 emissions.
Our journey to Net Zero
Here are some of the steps we’re taking on our journey to becoming Net Zero across all 3 scopes of emissions:
- We have eliminated single use plastic from our Head Office, supporting staff and visitors to transition to repurpusing and reusing.
- We have transitioned to a fleet of all electric cars and installed an Electric Vehicle Charging Point.
- Our hand soaps and cleaning products are ethically and locally sourced and made from natural ingredients.
- All purchased electricity is from 100% renewable sources.
- A Sustainability Committee meets regularly to review progress against targets and identify new opportunities for improvement.
Be the first to know what's next in store
by joining our newsletter