Head of Marketing (12 Months Maternity Cover)
Salary: £48,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience)
Location: Home based with ability to visit our office in St Neots and/or London
Here at Energise it’s not just a job, it’s a commitment to a more sustainable way of living. We are flexible, hardworking, and not afraid to push boundaries. Our employees are encouraged to become the best they can be.
Energise is a sustainability consultancy with a track-record of delivering Net Zero strategies, energy and carbon management for corporates, public and third sector organisations of all sizes, supporting them on every step of their sustainability journey.
We are currently seeking a Head of Marketing (Maternity Cover) to join our growing team. To achieve success in the role you will need to work effectively, have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be creative and able to structure copy for different situations and audience profiles.
As Head of Marketing, you will lead the team that delivers high-quality, engaging and effective external communications that will continue to position us as a leader in our sector.
As part of this role, and with the support of your team, you will be asked to:
1. Marketing Strategy
- Act as the company’s lead on all issues relating to brand functions and keep abreast of the latest developments to ensure that the company maintains its market-leading position.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies that align with our business objectives, monitoring performance against KPIs and OKRs that support the company strategy.
- Control brand budgets to maximise value and ensure the marketing remit has resources and external support required to meet its objectives within agreed financial plan.
- Prepare and deliver Brand performance reports as required to the Board of Directors.
2. Branding and positioning
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our target audiences of our brands: Energise and the Net Zero Club.
- Devise creative ways to clearly convey messages to keep our customers/contacts up to date with important news and to share information/insight on Net Zero.
3. Digital Marketing
- Maintain oversight and brand cohesion of external channels including website, social media, newsletters.
- Lead the Brand team in implementing the content strategy and identify opportunities for news articles and blogs, ensuring the tone of our engagement is consistent.
- Work with external partners to maximise the potential of reciprocal relationships.
- Deliver ad-hoc communications projects as needed, such as infographics, reports, presentations etc.
4. Event Management
- Bring together the Brand and wider Commercial team to identify the right external events or third-party tradeshows to attend through audience insights and determining ROI;
- Work closely with the rest of the Commercial team to coordinate invitations to press interviews, podcasts, panels, and other editorial requests;
- Lead the curation, promotion and dissemination of Energise-led events, such as customer conferences, roundtables, workshops and educational sessions focused on key services (both digital and in-person).
5. Team leadership and collaboration
- Work closely with the wider Energise team to ensure effective sharing of relevant content and identify opportunities for news articles and blogs, ensuring the tone of our engagement is consistent.
- Identify resource requirements within the Brand Team and direct the recruitment, and structure of the team as necessary to meet the strategic objectives of the Company.
- Provide advice to employees regarding our branding and identity.
- Act as a catalyst for change and support our ambition to elevate environmental and social sustainability action in our customers’ board rooms, by being curious, focused and innovative.
- Make recommendations on how we can continually improve our processes, systems, reports and insights.
Experience, Qualifications and Characteristics
- Degree or equivalent in related subject or adequate sector experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a marketing, communications, content management, or social media management related role.
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships that educate, engage and inspire people to take action.
- Passionate, positive, creative thinker who can think outside the box to solve complex, bespoke challenges for our customers.
- Exceptional written and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing requirements.
- Enjoy being positively challenged and positively video ed organisation (inc. logistics and briefings)
Skills you will gain
- Multi-sectoral exposure to business strategy, marketing tactics and social media management.
- A developed understanding of the risks and opportunities in relation to the mitigation of and adaptation to climate change.
- The ability to build customer relationship management, influence, and leadership skills.
- Continued development of analytical, monitoring and evaluation competencies, as well as technical skills, including software and website management.
- The opportunity for continued personal and professional development.
- Salary around £48,000 (negotiable dependent on experience)
- Pension Scheme
- Unlimited holiday allowance (minimum of 28 per year and 5 per quarter)
- Bonus scheme (company-performance related)
- Additional benefits information is available on our Careers page.
Energise is committed to a policy of diversity, equity, and inclusion in its recruitment process. We actively and consciously seek to recruit without bias on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, beliefs (religious or other), age or sexual orientation of that employee.