Vacancy: Executive Director (Strategy, Marketing and Commercial)
Location: Home based with the ability to travel to St Neots, Cambridgeshire
Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Here at Energise it’s not just a job, it’s a commitment to a more sustainable way of living. We are flexible, hardworking and not afraid to push boundaries. Our employees are encouraged to become the best they can be.
We are a sustainability consultancy with a track-record of delivering energy and carbon management for corporates, public and third sector organisations and SMEs, supporting them on every step of their sustainability journey.
We are looking for someone who can not only do ‘The Job’ but questions it and then seeks to improve it.
We are currently seeking an Executive Director (Strategy, Marketing and Commercial) on a 11 month maternity cover FTC. This leadership position requires a strategic thinker and results-driven professional capable of driving business growth, enhancing value proposition and ensuring the successful execution of key initiatives across the business.
- able to build great relationships on a foundation of trust, respect and vulnerability?
- a natural problem solver and solution finder?
- a self-starter and able to use your own initiative?
- passionate about sustainability, and excited about what we do and how you could contribute to that?
- efficient in your use of time?
- friendly and approachable?
- committed to personal growth and professional development?
- ready to cause good trouble?
If you answered yes to all the above, then read on…
As Executive Director (Strategy, Marketing and Commercial) you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future direction of Energise. Working alongside the C-Suite, you will be responsible for directing and developing the strategy, overseeing strategic marketing activity and driving commercial performance.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all strategic issues relating to the execution of the agreed business plan and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the company maintains its market-leading position.
- Analyse market-trends, competition and emerging opportunities to inform strategic decision-making.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to drive revenue growth, customer acquisition and market share expansion.
- Develop and implement effective brand strategies to maintain a strong, cohesive brand identity, enhance market positioning and customer relationships.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Work with other Executive Directors, Associate Directors, Heads, Leads, Managing Consultants and Principal Consultants to create and execute effective cross-functional plans for the delivery of our strategy/growth/performance.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, encouraging professional growth and employee engagement.
- Actively participate in executive decision-making and contribute to the overall success of the organisation.
- Manage the Head of Strategy, Head of Marketing and Head of Commercial, providing leadership to these teams and fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Manage the Executive Coordinator, providing support and guidance in execution of executive-level activities.
- Make recommendations on how we can continually improve our processes and systems.
Experience & qualifications required
- Proven experience in executive leadership roles, preferably in a similar industry
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing successful business strategies
- Strong commercial acumen with a track record of driving revenue growth
- Ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams to achieve common goals
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment, which includes discussions around creative reviews, giving and receiving constructive feedback to and from fellow team members and customers
- Pension Scheme
- Unlimited annual leave
- Access to private healthcare
- Additional benefits information is available on our Careers page
Energise is committed to a policy of diversity, equity, and inclusion in its recruitment process. We actively and consciously seek to recruit without bias on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, beliefs (religious or other), age or sexual orientation of that employee.